SEO Techniques – Step by Step to Drive Traffic
Posted June 13, 2009on:
Once you have some pages developed for your site – use the following techniques to drive more traffic to your site day by day:
* Search for Article Directories. Write and submit articles to those directories.
* Put a backlink to your site while you write comments on other people’s blogs.
* Go to Yahoo! Answers – Home and Answer people’s questions.
* Sign up on forums as many as you can, have a link to your site in your signature if they allow you to and then Post in those forums.
* Sign up on PRWeb::The Online Visibility Company. Write a press releases and submit.
* Search for some advertising companies on the web & advertise your website in the appropriate category.
* Start setting up a blog on your site & submit that to 100’s of free blog directories on the web.
* Search for some major search engines and manually submit your website to those search engines.
* For a particular keyword or search phrase, optimize each page content of your website.
* Get a little more traffic by adding a link in your email signature to your website.
* To redirect people to your home page, create a custom 404 error page for your site.
* PPC search engine advertising would be very useful.
* Add a “Bookmark this site” link to your pages.
* Create a tell-a-friend form. Add that on your site.
* Send/Submit articles to ezine publishers. Make sure to include a link to your website.
* Give away a free offers like ebook, report, e-course etc., so that people keep coming back to your site.
* Make sure to add an RSS feed to your blog.
* Find out any related niche directories on the net and Submit your site.
* There are many free link exchange programs on the net. Participate in such banner or link exchange programs.
* Give away free Software Program that you created.
* Purchase the misspellings or variations of your as well as your competitors domain name.
* Buy a domain name that is related to your niche and is already receiving traffic. Forward that to your site.
* Wherever you go, pass out business cards stating your domain on them.
* Let your affiliates send visitors by starting affiliate programs.
* There are many social bookmarking sites like MySpace, facebook etc. Start a page on them.
* Signup at youtube and Submit a viral video.
* Find out some joint venture partners that will send you traffic.
* Start your own newsletter or ezine.
* To keep people coming back, use autoresponder or email campaign.
* Signup on eBay and Sell or place classified ads on eBay – New & used products at low prices with a link to your site.
* Search for free classified ads sites that will allow you to post free classified ads on those sites with a link to your site.
* Exchange reciprocal links with other related websites.
* Purchase advertising in popular newsletters or ezines.
* List a free ebook that you created, on the “free ebook” sites.
* Submit reviews on books and other products that you have read after creating an Amazon profile.
* Start a lens on Squidoo.
* Use a traffic exchange – can be low quality traffic, but sometimes worthwhile.
* Get referrals form similar sites but non-competing sites.
* Get an Email, make a list and Email to your list.